6.11.13

Be warned! Dieting is not mocked!!!


Nike is a diet freak! Everything sweet has been deleted from her menu, she eats only boring stuff like wheat biscuit, wheat bread and in fact anything wheat is considered a meal for her. Whenever she discovers a new "interesting" menu she comes to work happily to share her new discovery which most times is of no use to me. I always wonder how she copes and and when I asked she said she disciplined herself to start enjoying these foods. By the way Nike is my colleague and she’ll probably kill me after reading this but I have to give my readers something to read now so please pardonez moi (I had to say that in the language of love and hopefully it’ll do the trick and keep me alive; LOL) So back to the gist, one faithful day I checked Nike’s PM and She was craving Cookies and Milkshake, none of which are made of wheat and when I chatted her up she said “abeg let me indulge myself, 1 day won’t hurt”. The response I gave her is what inspired me to write this article “Dieting is not mocked”.
"I want to look like Halle Berry or Gwyneth Paltrow after 3 or 4 kids" is not by mouth, neither does it come from rubbing a dusty lamp; it takes a lot of hard work, discipline, dedication, consistency and oh I forgot to mention money. Will it hurt to eat just one cookie after 4 hours on the treadmill? Or can you afford to skip just one day at the gym because you spent the whole day there yesterday?  I’m not sure I have the answers you seek sister but what I can say is that the more you can discipline yourself and be consistent in saying no to that one cookie, the easier it will be not to move to the second cookie like an advert that says “once you pop you can’t stop”, it’s better not to pop at all. After reading this, one might think I even live in the gym and abide by the dieting rules (hehehe, let me laugh in my language) I don’t do either of them because I’m not sure I’m ready to part with my sweet tooth just yet, neither can I afford to abide by the expensive menu/recipe that comes with dieting (and if you doubt that it is expensive try eating basmati rice for one year), I can’t stand the smell of honey so I have to stick with my sugar, I am extremely lazy when it comes to working out, I can’t get out of bed at 5am because I want to go for roadwork (considering that is cheaper than enrolling in a gym I may never go to) and come back early enough to prepare for work. A Gastric bypass has never crossed my mind, neither is having a liposuction. For me it is a lot easier to be carefree and accumulate all the weight but I’m lucky to have a body that understands my routine and adjusts when I try to do the little I can do, like climbing the stairs as many times as I can at work (no laugh me oo, I’m trying to justify my laziness)
Nothing good comes easy, same way is being a size 8 (or any size of your choice); it all comes with a price. You can determine what your price will be; will it be giving up the succulent junk and backing it up with constant exercising? Or would you rather let all the hours spent at the gym go to waste over a few bites of pleasure? Whatever you choose to do, except you have understanding bodies like mine make sure you don’t stop halfway or interrupt the process with little cravings because dieting cannot be mocked.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm ok I followed the bread crumbs from nshina blog about dieting and how how u were "going in" on her abt her regimen... Ticia drill master so from the little I gather here cos I'm on diet I don't get cheat days?? *evil eye* mind yourself oh I am trying to stop sugars and I must confess it's so darn HARD considering I'm not the most disciplined person out there. Everyday is a cheat day ok atimes I try harder. Point is taking breaks from diets are essential to me shikenan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Pele Sandie. Don't mind Leticia. I will deal with her.lol

    I don't know why I didn't comment about this post when I read it. I was working on a post about about my weight loss regimen and I even posted a link to this post of yours. I am not a diet freak o! You can see from my post: http://nshina.wordpress.com/2013/11/27/my-weight-loss-regimen/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! Pele Sandie. Don't mind Leticia.

    I'm not a diet freak o! See for yourself, check out my post: http://nshina.wordpress.com/2013/11/27/my-weight-loss-regimen/

    ReplyDelete